Friday, May 7, 2010

Now What?

You know when you are in the middle of doing a lot of projects and they all start to come to an end and you have nothing planned for the future yet… you think, now what?

That is where I am these days. School is done and I received my PhD in Psychology. My daughter is married so planning for the wedding is complete. I have finally come to terms with my father's passing and can think of him without getting emotional as I used to, though I still miss him terribly. So now I sit and ponder what else I can do.

I have a short vacation planned to Connecticut in early June so that is exciting. I always have fun when I am out there as I get to see friends, have a slice from Mystic Pizza and see the Atlantic Ocean. This trip I get to meet a favorite suspense author in Newport, RI for a book signing and wine tasting. He is an avid wine aficionado.

At the same token, there is some melancholy attached to this trip as well as some anticipation. Losing touch with someone last year who I used to visit makes it kind of sad but gaining three new ones through mutual friends definitely fills me with excitement to go out and get to know them better. We have had some great conversations as well as trade some fun and interesting info on our Facebook pages as well as in emails.

When I get back, I have a couple tickets to the US Open in Pebble Beach the same week so that will be a lot of fun. It is a bummer that Anthony Kim won’t be there due to his thumb surgery as I wanted to see if I can get one of his belt buckles! I mean, come on… we have the same initials so why not, right? LOL!  I may have to go out and get one made, just for fun!

I am reading through a novel for a friend before he hands it over to his publisher so that is an interesting process that I am learning about. I am completely hooked after 4 chapters and will take the time to read a lot of it this weekend.

I started an organization with a colleague to raise awareness for children and teens in mental and spiritual pain or anguish. I felt that we needed to pay more attention in this day and age where almost all kids are now Latch-Key kids, go home to an empty house and crave attention that they don’t get from parents or siblings who are busy with work and their lives. Technology is great but it has also split apart the family unit. The personal touch is gone so it was a way to bring that back and give out free hugs to everyone who needs it.

I have to say that anyone who is the field working with kids, especially the ones that have gone through tramatic events in their lives and are trying to cope, I know it must be hard to watch those kids get through each day but at the same token, I am sure there is a lot of pride that comes from watching them overcome those obstacles and make it through each day. I bow down to you all for your efforts as I am sure it can be emotionally hard on you. You make the world a better place, getting those kids through life with your love, support and compassion.

Oh! I almost forgot that I have a party to go to tomorrow evening for two friends that are turning 60; his birthday is today and his fiancĂ© has her birthday in two weeks. Well heck; now that I think about it and write them down, I have a lot going on. Guess I am busier than I thought.

I hope you continue to follow my journey and would love to hear about yours. If you have a blog or you are a writer, drop a line at my email and I will follow your journey or would be honored to read your work.

Sending out exciting and fun energy to start your weekend!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment