Saturday, May 22, 2010

Humor to Get Through the Times

I didn't do a lot of drinking but have done a lot of thinking.  Yeah, I said I wouldn't be blogging but writing is in my blood so I had to put my thoughts somewhere, so why not where I always go... right here!  LOL





















I am using humor to get me through this week as it has been one of the weirdest ones on record, so far.















So here it is, plain and simple.  My company like other companies decided to lay a bunch of people off and yes, being in a department that is overhead, I got notice.  That is the downside.  The upside is that because they like my work and they didn't really want to let me go, I was extended through almost the end of the year so I can help them lay off employee in another department.  The irony is not lost on me, I assure.  So I have been put on the canning committee, as I am telling people.  My friend was also put on this project so she is in the same boat.  We have it better than rest of those who will end their tenure with our company July 15th.  My friend and I along with two other co-workers are on this canning committee so we have changed our names to Peaches (her) and Pineapple (me)... canning... are you with me?  Humor, peoples!!!














What we found is that we can post for jobs in the department we are moving into to help, so we may get to stay longer.  If not, I move to the east coast to start over, so to speak.  Might as well follow my dream and get there now, right?  Since I have my PhD, I can go back to teaching again.


It has been a week to get my thoughts back in order as I have to realize that my job is not what makes me who I am.  I know who I am and what I want to do, so it is just doing things the right way and getting through the day without hurting people.  There were a lot of "a-ha" moments that were eye-openers and I was able to get through them without being negative or hurtful.  I am human, so emotions does come into play but I did take a lot of steps back during lot of conversations before reacting.  Corporate America... they just want to get to the next level, no matter who they hurt.  I get that but it's not who I am, who I want to be or how I want to live.  Thus humor...

I hope that if you are in my situation, you will land on your feet soon and take each day with gratitude and love knowing that what you put out, comes back to you.






















Sending out light and love and lots of humor!
Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment