Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Moderation in Love?

Everything in moderation, including moderation. ~Buddha

When you think moderation, what comes to mind? I think the overindulgence we do with foods, drinks or smoking. I have been guilty of the three so it is easy to list those.

But someone asked me, what about love? Shouldn't we love with all our hearts and soul and give what we can?

I thought about that because that is what I always believed in the past; you give your heart completely and unconditionally to someone you care about and love. Lately though, even that has been changing for me. Let me preface this with, I don't mean to family. I mean romantic or true love that can end in a long term relationship.

Yes, if you have the kind of love that is rare and continues no matter where you both are and every day it just gets better then, give all that you have but like I said, it is rare even though it is the kind of love we all attain to.

I know it exists because I have seen it with some people and know they just have it but work hard to keep it every day. Keywords are "work to keep it."

So, plain and simple, in my opinion, yes, moderation even in love. Maybe that is a coward's way out but if we did that, perhaps the divorce rate would go down because people will take their time to really know if this is what they want.

There are no guarantees in life or in love. You can fall in love with someone who doesn't care about you and you can have someone who loves you but you don't love back. I have been in both positions and get it.

So take it easy and slow the next time you are in a relationship and see where it goes. Don't force it because some times, that breaks it. I should know. ;)

Sending loving energy to you all.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment