Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over

There are times when life is so amazing and you pinch yourself to feel if it is real and you become emotionally overwhelmed by it all but you don't have a way to release them.

I woke up on Saturday, the day my daughter was getting married and was hit with a whole stack of emotions that were heightened by the past few months of preparation and planning for this big day.

She called early, around 6am and said she wanted mommy/daughter time together so she stopped and got us coffee and came over to my apartment so we can talk and enjoy each other’s company.

It was so nice and we were having a great time as we went about our morning running errands for the wedding that afternoon. The problem was that I was not feeling anything and it bothered me. I knew I was holding on to something and had to break down and cry so that I could get through the day but the tears wouldn’t come. I felt like it was stuck and I wanted to scream. Can you see it; mother of the bride having a complete breakdown at the wedding? LOL!

Well, I managed to make it through all our chores and drop her off at the hotel to get her shower and meet up with her bride’s maids. I went home and sat down to think. What was wrong with me and why, of all days, is this happening? I jumped into the shower and thought about her growing up and realized that it was another chapter that closes and another opens for her and him. She was going to be his wife and I think that is what made me sad. My baby was all grown up. Yeah, at that point, the tears came and I was ok.

Once I got ready, I had to go to the hotel to do her hair. Stepping outside the weather was the perfect California day of 75 and a light breeze. It was tailor made just for her wedding.

I feel so blessed to be alive today. I have felt love, given love with all my heart so I know I can do it again. Having the honor to watch those wonderful kids pledge their love for one another and want to share in their lives, it was breathtaking to see.

Makes me excited to know that someone special is around the corner for me and I can share my life and the experiences with him. My cup runneth over…

No comments:

Post a Comment