Thursday, October 7, 2010

Memories in the Making

Life, with its ups and downs, makes the world turn. Sometimes, it turns the right way and sometimes, the wrong. Tonight was special. I had a bunch of amazing events happen, all small but they touched my heart.

Ever had a night when nothing and I mean nothing can go wrong? Tonight was definitely one of those. The conversations were flowing and the people involved made it all the more interesting. No one person took over the conversations and no one person was in the limelight. It was the kind of night that memories were made of. I will be sitting on my porch in Connecticut next year, teacup in hand, reliving tonight, wondering what my friends are doing. Bittersweet and happisad. Yeah, a new word.

Sitting in the patio around the big table, Witches hats on, beers in hand, giggling, smiling and chatting. Watching people pass with martini glasses in hand (it was Witches Night Out and Martini Tasting) waving to us with a "how's it going?" Life is good right now as I type this and more so, in each moment, an hour, two or four hours ago.

Misty rain lightly tapping on our hats, running down and glistening our faces, which made us giggle even more. Young, Middle, Old, Male and Female all converged to complete the no-moon night.  It was amazing to see the different faces, personalities, styles and cultures, discuss and share wonderous adventures, dreams and goals with each other.

We were all one with nature and people, not couped up in a building. Across the way, an acoustic guitar played gently on the street corner, shouts of laughter heard on the main street. Men walking by, whistling at the pretty girls. Women checking out the guys and giving a flash of a smile. I got to do my favorite thing and people watch at my leisure. I could join a conversation or relax and take it all in.

The young felt mature, open and strong to stand their ground. The old felt young, vibrant and giddy. The middle tied the two together and the world felt right, this one special night.

At the end, the smiles continued to the cars, shouts of good byes heard and hands popping out of windows as they waved. I am still getting text messages from everyone on what an awesome night it was.

Indeed, it was.  In three words... a magical night.

No comments:

Post a Comment