Monday, November 15, 2010

Spiritual Sites

Connecting with sacred sites all over the world allows us to access its energy or power, if we don't have a chance to visit. It's the same principle as it we were to build an altar to those sites to acknowledge a God, Buddha or whatever Deity you worship.

There have been many known sites all over the world where miracles happen that cannot be explained so eventually they becomes sites for people to visit so they can tap into its power.

I think because as human, we crave to know the unknown, these sites become havens for us to rely on. Some draw hope from it for their loved ones who may be ill whilest others use the energy for meditation and healing for themselves.

It is believed that if you can tap into these sites, we can pull the wisdom buried deep inside the Universe. As if they become a faucet that we tap into and drink from, to gain knowledge about life and our purpose on this plane.

The most noteable is Stonehenge, but there have been discoveries of places filled with heavy energies like the Iron Age fogou caves of Cornwall, England or the pyramids of Meroe in the Sudan.

As much as we would like to have these hallowed sites to exist in remote or exotice places, there are many easily accessible lesser-known sites that can be quite stunning to experience.

I heard of a place called Serpent Mound in Ohio that was thought to be created by the ancient Adena peoples nearly 1,000 years ago to align with the summer and winter solstices, kind of like Stonehedge. No one knows for sure why it is known as a sacred site but people could feel the energy from the place flow into them.

I had one experience in Northern California in the Santa Cruz mountains. The place is called the Mystery Spot and you can feel a strong energy flow into you from your feet up. They have a couple boards that are laid out in an incline and if you were to take a ball and put it at the bottom of the board, it would actually move up the board to the top. Reverse gravity, I think. I know that I tried to meditate there once and it was extremely hard to concentrate with that energy pouring into you.  But I guess it could be considered another sacred site.

There are many reasons why we feel that certain sites call to us and I think we can use the calling to tap into its energy to align ourselves with the Universe. Whatever reason you need, it is a good time to sit and think about those places and feel how you can connect to it and it to you.

Personally, I love to go to parks and sit under an old tree and feel the energy flow through me while I relax, people watch, read and meditate. That is a sacred experience to me.

I was taken to one place in Connecticut, called the Fox Hill Tower about a 1 & 1/2 years ago. It was amazing. So whenever I am in Connecticut, it has become a stop for me to visit, sit by the edge of the hill or go into the tower itself and look out over the valley and breath in its view. It is breathtaking, soothing and healing all at once so I thank the person for showing me that special place that has become another sacred site to me in Connecticut.

May you find your peace within so that you can pour that peace out into the world.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment