Thursday, November 11, 2010

Being Single

I was deeply in love once. The do-anything and die-for-you love. I tried hard to let go but it kept a hold on me for a long while; but thinking of all that was said, I have finally let go of it.

I didn’t like that I needed to hear his voice. I didn’t like that he had great thoughts, ideas, jokes or good taste in music. I didn’t like that I needed to hear him sing his songs. I didn’t like that I needed to be with him.

It sucked being in love that deep especially when he didn’t care at all for me. Yes, he straight out told me. He was in it for the fun.

So when I was finally able to take off the rose-colored glasses, I realized that I like being single. I like coming home and not worrying about someone to take care of. I like that I can do and say what I please. I like that I don’t have to tell them where I am going.

I like that I have my sanity back.

1 comment:

  1. Love never dies, Ann. You, of all people, should know that. You teach that to the kids.

    ReplyDelete