Friday, June 4, 2010

Why Wait?

Our time here is very limited and we never know when it's up. It is easy to think we have unlimited amounts of time. Then one day, your world gets turned upside down and you realize that each day, each moment is precious.

It took a few years and a couple situations to finally sink in for me. The passing of my dad and losing someone I thought was a close friend gave me that gift to really understand that. The experience has taught me that I need to be less afraid of taking risks and going for the things in life that I am passionate about and makes me happy.

My dad is not coming back and I know that I won't see that friend again so why wait for something to happen in my life?  I have to get out there and make it happen. I am finding the joy in doing that and loving that I am meeting so many new people and seeing new things in life.

Sure, I still have lots of moments when I put things off and get back into the old habit of thinking I have all the time in the world but as I get older, it has become less frequent. I know that right around the corner, my time will be up so I want to be able to look back and know that I had a full life filled with lots of love and heartbreak, laughter and tears, rights and wrongs, and I took risks and even made huge mistakes so that I could change the course of my life.

The best part of it all would be meeting all the amazing people along the way. Some who will be with me until the end and some that stopped by for a short time in my life. Regardless of the length of time they were or are with me, they had some impact on my life and for that I am grateful and hope that they have a life filled with abundance and much love.

What I want is simple; to have good people around me, lots of good times and lots of laughter and love.

I want to know that I gave love to someone and got it back. I want a relationship with a man who can deal with my ideals, my silliness, quirks and faults (and I have a few) and still love me. That he will let me see his imperfections, his faults and his vulnerability and let me love him fully without holding back. I want to be able to sing at the top of my lungs badly and have him laugh at me. I want to share snowball fights in the middle of the night or dance under the moon.

With my job situation the way it is and now knowing when my last day will be, I am preparing my move to the east coast and am finding that I am very excited about it. I may have put that energy out into the Universe that I wanted to move so it showed me the door and even pushed it a bit open. Now it is up to me to walk through it and see what adventures are on the other side. Again, why wait to move when I have the time and the means to do so?

We procrastinate for some many reasons and we convince ourselves that we have time. No we don't. Time flies by without us noticing and you are 50. Then 60, then 70 and finally you get closer to the end. What you need to do is realize that there is no time like the present and get your ass out there, see the world, live your passion and enjoy it as much as you can now. Why wait? What are you waiting for?

In this day and age of technology and travel, you can be on the other side of the world in half a day. If you have a dream of going somewhere different, just once in your life, start saving the money now and achieve your goal next year. Make another goal and keep going. All the joy, the passion and the world is yours right now. Nothing is keeping you from going but you so cut the ties and make your move. The Universe is waiting for you.

To wonderful adventures to live and tell!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment