Monday, June 14, 2010

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

What a great time I have had on my trip to Connecticut. The experiences and times I shared with friends have been valuable lessons to me. It opened my mind further and I got to see the world from the different eyes of each of my friends. It made me raise a mirror to see how I have been blind or judgemental to those in my past, lost some in that process and surprisingly, re-gained one as well.

The down-trodden, dejected and homeless woman; the happy but lost housewife always searching; the young, energetic conqueror; and the one I thought I was in love with but realized that I was not over the last one. Life has a strange way to bring people into our lives again and again.

I am sitting in a wonderful restaurant, reliving the past few days with a glass of Merlot, waiting for my seafood crepes. It was wonderful, irritating, energizing, pathetic, sympathetic, happy, sad, angry but most of all, it was filled with melancholy and memories, happy and sad.

I talked to my friend, the happy housewife, still wondering if she made the right choice with her husband of 15 years and keeps asking herself what she really wants despite her wonderful life.

I hung out with a friend who has no idea of where she is going and thinks the world owes her. She has lost her kids as she was arrested, is in a shelter trying to rebuild her life but still not seeing the big picture and blames everyone else for her woes and won't change her ways. But deep down, she has a good heart and is just lost. I wish her well and hope that she sees the light one day soon.

I spoke with a friend for almost 4 hours at a cafe, who is young, successful, energetic and out trying to conquer the world. I think he will make a name for himself and we had a great time exchanging ideas, thoughts and getting to know one another more, face to face, rather than over the phone, emails or on Facebook.

Out of the blue, someone that I hadn't talked to but once in the past year and I had let go as a friend because he had been jealous of the man I was in love with, got a hold of me today. We talked for a couple hours and have been able to reconnect as friends. He apologized for being an ass (in his words) and I apologized for not seeing where he was coming from then, as he had been in love with me. I know the pain of heartbreak and I felt horrible that I did that to someone else because I was in pain.

It gave me thought to raise the mirror and look at myself. Allow me to see where I had done the things all my friends have done and how much I have changed the last 6 months. Yes, for the better.

All in all, it was a great trip and I am glad that I came. What I take with me is invaluable and I am so grateful all the experiences that I went through this past week, even the three flat tire incidents. Gotta love rental cars! LOL

May life give you many opportunities to see where you are, allow you the time to absorb each experience, forgive those who may have hurt you and see each day as a day to live fully in love, joy, happiness and gratitide.

Thank you for your presence in my life.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment