Saturday, June 12, 2010

Beginning of the End


It was raining today so I used the time to drive around and visit different places and towns that I heard about in Connecticut. I decided to start from where I have friends but crossed a few other towns that I felt that were quaint and peaceful.

While driving through Bloomfield, I came across this beautiful cemetery and it called to me so I drove in. I parked and just took in the feelings I was getting. I got out and stood overlooking all the unique headstones, I started to wonder. Is this the end or just the beginning to another world we hear of but is unseen by the mortal eyes?

I found it to be peaceful to stand surrounded by those who have passed on but I am sure others don't feel that way. I guess death doesn't scare me so it was calming to be there.

I wondered about each persons' life as I read their headstones and thanked them for their time here to continue the cycle of life. I have been in a couple historic cemeteries in Savannah, GA but this one felt special for some reason.

The way the rain was falling as I walked along was soft and comforting. I noticed how the trees sheltered some of the tombs and how others were left out in the elements. Were the roles reversed and those who had a hard life were sheltered in the afterlife or did it continue as in life and those who had a sheltered life continue in death?

I enjoyed reading the names, the messages and the different styles of tombs. Large plain crosses, ones that had angels with their arms open wide as if enveloping those who crossed and the ones that had Jesus with his serene smile and comforting message to those who were left here to go on.

Do you ever wonder how it will be for you? What message would you want on your tomb? What do you want to be remembered by?

In peace and comfort to you all.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment