Monday, January 4, 2010

Hearing The Call


We give a lot of thought to decisions that we have made or make in our lives, wondering if we are in the right place, the right job or with the right person.  How do you come to the right answers for those questions?  Do you talk to your friends and bang it out with them, listing the pros and cons?  Or do you allow yourself to sit and listen to what is inside of you and hear what is being said from your inner voice, your soul?

Recently, a friend said he wanted to move to California from Connecticut and I thought, why would he want to do that?  I want to move back to Connecticut from California.  So that got me thinking... I like California but I love and miss being in Connecticut.  I feel a pull there.  Not sure where it comes or why but I feel it every day.  Every year, I make it a point to go out and visit a couple times, to just be there.  And I realized that is what he feels for California and he made the decision to come out here.  Good for him and welcome!

He explained that he gave some thought to it and just thinking of it, it felt right.  When he made that announcement on his Facebook page, the amount of good tidings for his move seem to reinforce his decision as if the Universe was agreeing with his inner voice.  Of course, there will be people who will miss him but because it is a good decision, they are happy for him.

I think it is time for people to get right with themselves.  Listen to what is being said inside and make the choices to move, change or just re-align with what is right for them.  We have to live this life, might as well be the right way, the right place and the right timing.

My suggestion is that you take some time to meditate on what you want, forming a question and asking your inner voice for guidance.  Eventually, the answer will come forth and you will get reinforcements (signs) for your decision.  It may be by a thought that pops into your head unexpectedly; a sign from the Universe while you are going about your day.  Stop and hear the call so you know that you are headed in the right direction for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment