Monday, May 9, 2011

Words of Wisdom

Our minds are a powerful tool. It can make or break how we think, feel and treat ourselves as well as other. We can convince ourselves of our worth or our lack there of. Our minds can take control of how we live your lives.

It is really important to give yourself affirmations of positive words and thoughts so that your mind can start to change. What your mind thinks, your body follows. What I mean is that if you feel stuck in this life, you will be. You start to hide behind drugs, alcohol and even food, to ease the pain or numb it. It can take you to a darker place because we have convince ourselves that we are in a dark place.

We can be bogged down by negative thoughts and hide away from everyone so that we don't need to deal. In that way, we already set ourselves up to fail before even trying. We convince ourselves that we are not good enough or not loved enough and play the victim. We blame others and eventually, the only person we hurt is ourselves.

The more times we think and say the positive words, the more it sinks into our subconscious mind. Eventually, there is nothing else it can believe except the good things that it is receiving.

I am loved. I am loving. I am good. I am courageous. I am beautiful. I am amazing. I am strong. I am kind. I am forgiving. I am honorable. I am loyal. I can overcome anything. I can do anything. I am powerful. I control my life. I control my destiny.

Can you imagine if you said those words, every day, a few times a day, for a month? Eventually, your mind stops, notices the difference in the words and changes your "normal" way of dark thinking to this "new" light way and then it becomes your normal way of thinking.

You can wake up every day knowing it will be another amazing day to live life fully. To find yourself where you want to be. To find the person you were meant to share your life with. To know you mean something in this world. To make a difference in someone's life.

What words of wisdom would you want to pass on to inspire others to make that change in their minds and in their hearts?

No comments:

Post a Comment