Sunday, March 13, 2011

SF Buildings

I just love the architecture of a lot of the buildings in San Francisco.

A couple friends and I went into the city to watch the St. Patty's parade today and had a blast. Instead of driving, we took BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) a few miles from my apartment. Park and ride; beautiful!

Once we got into the city, we walked around to see what was happening since it was a beautiful sunny and warm day (65 degrees), while we made our way to the parade route.

I caught this first one while we were looking for the parade and had gone the wrong way. It is the TransAmerica Building behind some apartments. I was standing on Sacramento Street and Front Street.

From where we were standing, the builing is two blocks to the left and three blocks up, near Fisherman's Wharf.


































This second one I caught as we turned around to walk back up Front Street to Market. I thought it was pretty cool how they lined up like dominoes in the sky. They are all office buildings. Can you imagine working on the top floors in earthquake country? I am sure the view is breathtaking and on the back side, you can see the SF bay into the Pacific Ocean. But still...



































By the way, great shots from my iPhone, huh? I keep getting more impressed with the photos I have been taking lately with it. Almost don't need my really nice camera... maybe.

If you ever get a chance to come to San Francisco, glance up and see all the spectacular buildings that make it the city it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment