Thursday, September 16, 2010

Broken

This is a topic that can be talked to in many ways. Someone posted a quote on his Facebook page that struck me and struck me hard.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward, many are strong in the broken places." E.H.

We are, aren't we?  We break, go into ourselves with whatever feelings; be it, depression, sadness or anger, then we come out of it different but strong in that place that was broken.

Do you ever wonder why we tend to be able to deal with more and more as it gets thrown at us?  I think it is because that strength pulls us out of ourselves and gives us the resources to handle it better the next time around, again and again.

I have a few friends that are alcoholics but as they "woke up" for a lack of better phrase, they woke up stronger and able to handle life in a way they thought they could not. I admire their courage to give up a crutch that others continue to use until it is too late and they die from their addiction.  My dad's family is a good example of that. Most of his siblings died of some sort of dependence on alcohol, cigarettes or drugs.

Do you see yourself as broken? What needs to be "fixed"? Do you think about that as you go through your daily life?

I tend to do that now and with all that life has thrown at me and continues to throw at me, I find the bliss in the small things because worrying about the big things, well, it ain't gonna change it.

There is also another side to consider. The problem is that we tend to forget to let it all go and even though we may be stronger, we hold on to those feelings we went into ourselves with. The important thing to remember is that when we do that, we give our power to that experience rather than take the power out of the experience and apply it to our life.

Learn to heal, take the power and use it to your advantage as you go through life.

I am humbled by your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment