Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eat Pray Love

I love the book. I love the movie. I love the soundtrack. To me, there is not one thing bad about the journey that this woman took and then wrote about.

Sure, she is a jounalist and was easily able to write the book and get it published but what happen to her, happen inside of her. She shared her personal journey with us so that perhaps we can find our own path in finding our balance.

This movie is getting a lot of negative talk from those who just don't get it. I do. I get it so much, it hurts. I did a lot of the things she did and worried about things that don't matter. And the negative will continue but I say let it. It is just from those who cannot face what's inside them and find their balance in life. It is not about meditation. It's about letting go; finding peace, finding balance... finding your passion... finding you.

It's hard to quote the movie because almost all the lines have a message. I went to see the movie a couple times now and am thinking of going again. I cannot wait for it to come to DVD so I can dowload it.

There are few movies that touch me as deeply as this one has. It reflected a lot of what I went through and am going through still. But with the right guides and teachers in your life, you learn to go on the path of balance. You learn to quiet the chaos in your mind and find balance within. You learn what love truly is and what peace is.

There are a lot of people who don't believe in meditation but it has helped me so much that I cannot give it enough praise. I am not saying that we all have to sit down and meditate but find something that can create the balance.

If you can face your demons, know that there is balance in an inbalanced world and have an open heart and soul, this movie is for you.

And I keep saying this to everyone but Javier Bardem... OMG, just so damn yummylicious! Wow! Ok, let me drool for just a few minutes. LOL!




This song came from the movie and it surprised me because Eddie Vedder is always known to write dark and shadow-filled songs. This one is absolutely beautiful, singing about his connection to the Universe and I cannot give it enough praise. And Eddie has a great voice that I love; gritty, edgy yet soft and soothing.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do and listen to the lyrics. Amazing!

The Light in me honors the Light in you.




No comments:

Post a Comment