Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good Times!

I am heading to my sister's house near the city, on a main street when I notice to my right that a cop is pointing to me to pull over. Yeah, never had a ticket in my life and I am thinking, what have I done that he is pulling me over.

I am in the left lane of three lanes of traffic and the only way to pull over is to take a left at the next light, I turn when I can and pull over.

I turn my car off and wait for him to walk over. He asks me to put my hands on the steering wheel so he can see them, which I do and wonder if this cop is losing it by how stern he was talking. Then things get crazier...

He starts asking me if I have drugs in my car; any alcoholic beverages in my car (um, NO, just Chai tea); when the last time I have done drugs; and when was the last time I had done Jello shots... OK, that was the weirdest... then starts to ask about having the Jello shots and if I had gotten drunk on them.

OK, this is getting out of hand so I turn to look out at him and he starts laughing... OMG, I know that damn cop!  Curtis!  I jump out, smack him and then give him a huge hug!

Yes, I jumped out of my car in the middle of traffic. Yes, I smacked a cop in front of everyone. And yes, I gave him a hug. I am sure we made a sight to everyone driving by but I hadn't seen him in years and had no idea he was a cop. There we were in traffic, catching up on the news of of each other. It was so great to see him and we made plans to meet back up before I move to CT at the end of the year, so I can meet his new wife and kids.

He had to go to a domestic disturbance and I had to get to my sister's so we split up and made our way to our destinations. Funny how we met up again... and yes, Jello shots were at his party like 15 years ago and we had gotten wasted on them.  Memories!  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment