Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Morning Blurb


Woke up at dark o'clock as I always do and had a protein drink to tie me over until I meet up with a friend for breakfast.  He is one of those who loves working out so he hits the gym every morning for a couple hours and it sure does shows.  Tony's body is ripped.  It's funny but most women would fall over themselves for that (and trust me, they do) but me... not so much.  I like a solid man but with a litle something to grab on.  Not only is he in awesome shape but absolutely drop dead gorgeous, too.  I always tell him he is arm candy for me.  hahahaha!  Seriously though, he is a good friend and we love to talk about life.

I only work out during the week.  I make it a strict rule to keep the weekends to do things and relax.  I will never be ripped but have gotten back into shape and health.  We are all different and I can appreciate that now with all the experiences I have had lately.

LMFAO!!!  Ok, that was random and off the track completely.

Sipping on my Chai tea as I type this out, looking out the window and seeing the sun rise, some times you just know that today is going to be an awesome day.  Looks like it is going to be another beautiful Cali day, as well, though they say to enjoy it to the max as the rain is coming again Monday evening.  I love rain, so it just becomes something I look forward to while I get to enjoy the beautiful sun.

On days like this, the one sound I hear all over town is motorcycles!  Everyone can get their bikes out and ride on a beautiful day.  I point this out because in the last two hours, it has been silent except when broken by the sound of a bike starting up here or there and taking off.

So my pondering this morning was, do you ever have moments that are crystal clear and it takes you into another dimension?  My daughter is getting married two weeks today and it came to me that there are moments that you know something is right and I got that with her upcoming marriage to her fiance.

Granted they have known one another since childhood but with changes that happen in between then and now, the chances of meeting up again and falling in love is rare but I see it with these two.  They are a solid couple who talk about everything and as parents, I know they will be awesome because they both grew up with parents that divorced and know that pain.  They will work hard both as a couple and parents to keep the marriage and family in tact.

Whoever said that happy endings was easy was full of shit.  Relationships are hard work and to keep it going is a constant choice.  When you make that choice not to work at it, it will be lost and gone.  I know that and know that when I get into another relationship, I need someone who wants to work at it, too and to work as hard as I do.

What came to me clearly was that the kids will do well and will have a good life.  They have waited until they were older to get married and have lived some life to know what they want and don't want in their lives.  I am blessed to have him join my family as my son even though he was always thought as one.

May the day bring you many joys.  For your soul's sake, do a random act of kindness today and see a stranger's eyes light up with joy when you do.  That will bring joy to you as well.

Ok, phone text says we need breakfast now, so peeps, I am out of here... see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment