Sunday, April 18, 2010

Life Changing Moments


I watched Seven Pounds last night armed with a box of tissues and realized that as much as it is a story, there are and were people like that in the world who want to or wanted to redeem themselves for something they had done that wronged or hurt others.

In Seven Pounds, Ben (Will Smith) wanted to redeem himself for causing an accident that took the lives of 7 people, 6 strangers and his fiance.  His redemption was to save people's lives by giving away organs from his body.  In the end, he killed himself to give away his heart to a woman he had fallen in love with so that she could live a long life.  Warning to friends... if we go to the movies and we are watching this kind of movie, I WILL be a blubbering idiot, so bring tissues for me.  :)

After throwing away the spent box of tissues, I stayed up for a few hours last night reflecting on the movie and thinking how people are. I believe that we all have good in us and day to day, we try to bring that good out by how we live our lives.

I think how we are brought up has a huge impact on who we become and how we treat people.  Whether we want to admit it or not, we do become our parents to some extent.  Some times it is a good thing and others, not so much.

It made me wonder what in life I had done to hurt others and how I could redeem myself.  I started to make a list and we shall see where it takes me.  I made a couple calls this morning and reconnected with old friends that I had hurt.  It felt so good to hear their voices and to talk like we used to.  It was nice to be able to do that.  Maybe that is one of the reasons why we live so long... so we can have time to redeem our bad deeds and get something good out of it.

What have you done to others to hurt them?  Have you apologized for it?  Perhaps it is time to do that before it is too late?  I couldn't call one friend because he had passed away recently.  I sent my apologies to him, in a prayer, for hurting him when he was alive.  I hope he heard it.

Happy Sunday and go out and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment