Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Rainy Days...

Oh, how I love rainy days!

It's probably my favorite kind of weather and brings to mind so many wonderful memories from my childhood that I've brought into my adulthood.

The scent of the first drops as it hits the ground, permeates into the air and reminds you that a good washing is on its way.

Sitting by the window, watching the drops hit the glass, then slide down, tracing its path with my finger.

My sisters and I, so long ago, squishing our faces against the glass, thinking that the rain could wash our faces and seeing our breaths on the window, then writing funny things on the window.

Sitting on the couch with my daughter when she as a teen, a warm fire crackling in the fireplace, whilst sipping hot cocoa, listening to the tip tap of the rain on the roof. quietly talking about our day and enjoying the quiet moments in between. Its melodious tune soothing after a rough day at school for her, work for me and swim practice for both of us.

Getting caught in the rain with my boyfriend, standing close, feeling each other's body heat, watching the thunderstorm move towards us from under a thin canopy of a closed restaurant by the ocean. Slowly our hands entangle as we turn to kiss, feeling the rain wash over us on a muggy, warm July evening.

I love sitting by the window, glass of wine in hand, writing in my notebook or typing out a blog on my laptop while traffic on the street below moves by, glancing up from time to time, to see the windshield wipers dancing in unison on the cars passing. The rain becomes my muse. It evokes the words to flow, like water in the river.

What are you thoughts on a rainy afternoons? Do you enjoy it?

With warm thoughts of you all on this wonderful wet evening, take a moment to sit and listen quietly as the drops splish splash against the window and remember the times of wonder we all had as a child.

Namaste!


No comments:

Post a Comment