Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Thoughts

I have come to this day with a different outlook than the day when I started this blog.

Back then, I was negative, hurt, lost and not sure where to go but wanted a place to voice my thoughts and see if there were others that think as I did.

Today, I'm a different person. I see that I am positive, healing, on the right path and seeing the potential of what could be, what I am and where I could go. Honestly, the possibilities are endless.

Funny how a few years and many different experiences, good and bad, can change your attitude and behavior.

These days I am seeing the same people in a different light but instead of being angry or hurt with them, I see them with humor.

There were a few that were "out to get" me and I was out to get them back but now I have to chuckle and let it go. Yeah, I finally made it out of high school. Hahaha! Gotta have those that forever stay there and have that mentality, right?

I realize that how I see them now makes me think of how we all see one another. This one woman could not get him to stay in their intimate relationship because she wanted marriage and he is against it. He wouldn't talk to me while he was with her but when they break up, he come back to my friendship. She would call me hurtful names without knowing me or my personality and boast that she knew him better.

In the end, it isn't that we know someone better but that we know them differently because our relationships are based on different levels.

If I based my friendship with her way of seeing things then, he told me his secrets, slipped and told me hers as well, so wouldn't that mean I know him better because he was so open to tell me her stuff, too?

But that is not how it works and we have to learn that. We all have relationships with the same people but in different ways because we are all different from one another. You, me, her, him and yes, even that guy over at the end of the bar, twiddling his straw.

Don't take this as gospel because it is just my opinion but it helps me to see people in a different light now and change how I react to them.

Thanks for reading. Bright blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment