Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Turning 50

Many things have happened in my life and many people have passed through. Some have come and gone, never to return while others came back allowing us to have a better relationship. Those who have gone, may your lives be enriched with the love you seek and find. I whole heartily appreciate the time I had with each of you and cherish the memories we created.

I always say that life is short because I sat and watch my father take his last breath, as my daughter held his hand. He was only 69. With my background as an EMT and as a courtesy to a colleague, the nurse, Michael (trust me the irony of his name is not lost on me), asked me to call his time of death. I promise you, it is not a pleasant thing to do. For me to decide my father was dead. I made his time on this earth final and even now, it breaks my heart to pieces to know I did that.

Through his death, he taught me and my family the value of living fully, wholly and loving unconditionally. Getting out and seeing the world. We only have this one life to live; it is not a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing. It may have taken some time to get over the grief of losing him but we are now all following his advice and living as best as we can without regrets and seeing the things we only talked about.

There are so many things to do and see; so many amazing people to meet and places to discover. I can't dwell on the past but need to look forward to a spectacular future. I am here to continue to make wonderful memories with those around me, to take with me into my elder years when I can no longer travel and be out in the world but have the grand stories to tell.

Yes, there are those of you that came in my life with mean intentions because of the kind of people you are; insecure, broken and soulless. My secret is not to allow you to have power and let you go. I forgive but I don't forget. Karma protects me because I respect it. Others are starting to see that is does work and find out the hard way that it hurts when you get stung by it. It comes when you least expect it or need it.

My birthday wish to everyone is to let go of past hurts but keep the good memories inside as it keeps your heart light. Be kind to everyone because you never know when you will need that reciprocated in the future. If love dies for you, don't cause other people's love to die as well. In the end, you only hurt yourself.

Open yourself up to being vulnerable. That is the only way that true love can come in.

Don't use people. Don't hurt them. Don't lie to them. Don't steal from them. When you are wrong or have wronged someone, apologize to them, face to face. It's the honorable thing to do. Give to them what you would want in return because if you live that way, it will come to you.

The important things in life is not money, greed, fame or power. It is love, kindness, compassion, honor and honesty. Decide which is more important to you and live that way all the time. Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment