Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Funny Egg Art

When I was younger, I loved to draw and sketch and was pretty good at it.  But after a while, I got bored and wanted another material to create on. Paper, canvas and fabric was fun but there had to be more. As a teen, one of my first jobs was on an egg farm. Yes, I packed the eggs you got in the cartons at the grocery stores in Nor-Cal. I worked with a lot of great people and along with our wages, we got free eggs every day to take home.

On break one day, I had taken a raw egg and started to sketch on it then realized that the egg had the same shape as our head and took another egg and drew a face on it. The next one was a funny face. It got some attention and my co-workers started to ask me to sketch something for them. That is how I started to draw on eggs and the funnier, the better.
 
I am not sure if you are familiar with it but you can search on Google under Images, "funny eggs", and you'll come up with tons of funny and creative pictures.

It was fun but as I grew up (sort of), I stopped doing it for a while. Then my daughter came along and when she started to draw, I  showed her. So naturally as she got older, she knew that when I brought eggs home, they would be her domain to decorate before I could cook them, unless, of course, I was making boiled eggs, then she would wait and decorate those because her art would last longer sitting in the frig.








Yes, these are my hard boiled eggs in my frig right now. :)










It is a fun way to keep your kids (big and small) entertained and it has a long term affect when you go to use the eggs to see them again. Causes you to smile as you see the funny faces again.

With Easter coming up, this gives you another way to decorate your eggs with the kids. Have fun and be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment