Thursday, December 16, 2010

Taking Time to Relax

What is your favorite way to relax? In this day and age, what can one do to fully relax?

I took this question to family, friends and even people I met in my classes and at coffee shops... it is something fun to talk about while waiting in line to grab a hot brew.

Here are the top 10 responses I got and I agree with some but didn't agree with others. These are in random order but yes, the last one got the most responses.

Golf
Basketball
Four-wheel driving
Fishing
Hiking
Racing
Yoga
Meditation
Long, warm baths
Sex

I tried golf... ummm... NO! Not relaxing in the least bit but kudos to those of you that find it relaxing. Chasing after balls while holding a long rod is not my kind of fun... ok, ok... not in public, that is.  heh heh heh

Basketball... I played B-ball in high school with a bunch of guys for our intra-mural sports. It does get the blood flowing and you get all sweaty. That can be fun but definitely not relaxing.

Four-wheeling? WTF? Bouncing around in a truck and getting thrown around is not relaxing. Period. Fun? YES? Relaxing? NO!

Fishing was something my mom used to do in Japan to relax. I liked to hang out with her while she did but it was more relaxing to sit on a rock and watch the ocean waves roll in, while I talked to her.

Hiking can have its moments but when you get to the hills and need your staff to get over a rock or hold yourself on a heavy incline, it loses its relaxing momentum.

Racing. I had to agree with this one. We go to Laguna Seca outside of Monterey and fly around the track in our cars. The speed, the concentration and the adrenaline does make it relaxing to me. And it is freaking fun, as well. Yes, I would love to do that often but I live too far and with gas prices, it is now a luxury.

Yoga and meditation are definitely my relaxing tools along with long, warm baths with scented candles, soft music and a good book... or partner; which can lead to the last on my top 10 answers... sex. Ok, so while you are going at it, it can be more exercise than relaxation but once you get to that place and after you have your woo-wee moment; talk about relaxing! LOL!

So, how do you relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment