Saturday, March 6, 2010

God Thinks You Are a Dork


If you know me well, you know that a Dork, in my eyes, are great people. They are innovators of ideas. They are creative geniuses that use their minds and their art to convey messages of love, harmony, happiness and compassion. They travel in a direction that is against the norm. They are unafraid of being themselves, doing things that others don't have the guts to do and living outside of the box that society says we have to live in. God and Buddha, for that matter, are Dorks. I am a Dork!

Now please don't get those creative types that write about others in a mean spirited way to make themselves feel better or use their art to put others down. Those are people just looking for attention and they do not have the Dork qualities. Dorks take care of themselves and those around them with great care, love and compassion.


Protection of Nature, taken January 13, 2010 by me


I am a creative being and I love looking at life in a different light than what society says I should. Those who want to fit in, try to mold themselves in what everyone says they should be; own an iPhone, drink Starbucks, wear the latest fashion, or have the latest gadgets and toys. Come on, dammit, you gotta keep up with the Jones! Sorry, not my style. Don't get me wrong. I make very good money and live comfortably. I travel, go out and enjoy time with my friends, buy wonderful art pieces that touch me. But most times, I prefer being home, with quiet time to read or write about life and the experiences we all have in it. I prefer to give back to my community. Volunteering. Whatever to make a small change in the world.

Lately, I have been seriously listening to friends talk about their lives and I look under the surface and see what else they are saying. What their lives are like for them and to see it from their view. Strange how connected we are yet so disconnected at the same time.

So what does this all have to do with God? A friend called me up to tell me a few messages. She got that wherever she went this morning, there was something to remind her of me and thought, "ok, I am suppose to be thinking about Anni" and called to tell me about the signs she got. She mentioned a title of a book that she thought I would enjoy but the moment she started to say it, the title of my blog popped into my head, so I had to start writing. I told her that God has the best sense of humor. You don't believe me?  Look in the mirror, peoples! I do and I have to laugh as well as rejoice at what is reflected back.

I am amazing, silly, at peace, crazy, kind, beautiful, dorky, lovely, emotional, wonderful, dramatic, funny, spiritual, clumsy, loving, compassionate and I fumble through life like everyone else, trying to work out where I am going, with who and why.

Now what you think of as God may be different than what I or others think but you know what? That is awesome. Personally, I believe in the Oneness of the Universe and that the energy of God or Spirit is thrown out to all of us in different ways because we are all different. That is why we have different religions; to accommodate the different kinds of people in the world. What is most interesting to me is that within each religion or even lack of religion, everyone does not always agree to what they know or learn and put their own spin on it. What is wrong with that as long as there is a belief in something and more importantly, that the belief in oneself is just as strong?

So back to God thinking you are a Dork... you heard my view and as much as we want to be perfect, we are not. And IF we are all made in the image of God, then doesn't that mean that God is not perfect, because we aren't? So when I told my friend that God has a sense of humor, what I meant was that God created what we have now way back when, then wondered what was she going to do with all of us and now we have become a tragedy or comedy on her big TV in the sky and I know right now, she is shaking her head at me, saying, "tsk, tsk, Anni, questioning me again?"

Free will, baby! Yes! Yes, I am! (And I know she loves it!)

1 comment:

  1. 1. When you make plans and try to gain control of the flow of how it comes to us, the gods/goddesses laugh

    2. Sporks are spiritual dorks! That's us!

    3. I think that God is perfect in all of his/her imperfections just like us.

    Love you!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete